Monday, August 10, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009

Every year, I try to put together a Free Fantasy Football league on Yahoo Sports. I don't like the traditional arrangement that most fantasy football leagues have, so I try to tweak the formula to something I think is better.

For one, I hate the ____'s Defense. A team's defense is not a player and should not have a roster spot as if it were. I think this is poorly representing the actual defensive players as if they were not important at all. I personally believe that the defensive players have as big of a part in the game as the offensive players, but they are not being fairly represented. There aren't as many big name defensive stars because they often get overlooked. Fantasy Sports just further endorses this problem, but I don't.

In my leagues, you don't pick a team's defense, you pick defensive players. I make it so that every position is equally important. Doing the calculations, a Quarterback with average stats would get about the same amount of fantasy points in the season as a Running Back with average stats or a WR with average stats or a Defensive player with average stats. They're all balanced so that each and ever position has its importance and your lineups must be selected properly.

You can't just pick a really good QB or RB and have your season made on just that. I think this will provide a much better challenge to see who really knows the game, its players, and its intricacies.

If anyone is interested in a better style of Fantasy Football, check my league out. Sign-ups are still on until either the end of August or the slots fill. If I have a good response, I might open more slots next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment